Going mobile is one of the most effective strategies for reaching abortion-vulnerable women. We’ve seen it profoundly expand the reach and increase the impact of pregnancy centers all over the nation. These mobile pregnancy centers minimize the distance and roadblocks between you and the women who most need your services.
Since launching the first Stork Bus in 2012, we have built 48 Stork Buses that have saved over 5,000 lives.
The Stork Mobile Unit
A Commitment to High Quality
We conducted years of research and development to create a beautiful and innovative Mobile Medical Unit (MMU) to meet the needs of women in vulnerable pregnancies. The Mercedes-Benz Sprinter is the lowest-maintenance, highest-quality, most-environmentally-friendly, and cheapest-to-operate vehicle in its class. Save the Storks is constantly listening to feedback from our Affiliates, and making improvements to our standard design. When you purchase a Stork Bus, you aren’t just getting our expertise, but a product that’s been developed by pregnancy centers just like you.
An Inviting Exterior
Every square inch of each Stork Mobile Unit is designed to reach women in your community—right down to the exterior design, or “wrap.” Because the wrap is the first thing a pregnant woman sees as she approaches your unit, a good design makes the difference between whether she steps inside or not. We’ll put our expertise and our high-end designers to work for you to create the most inviting and welcoming wrap for the women in your community.
An Interior you have to See to Believe
When people step into a Stork Mobile Unit, they’re amazed at how beautiful it is. The interior design communicates professional functionality as well as maximum comfort to immediately put clients at ease. All Stork Mobile Units are equipped with an exam table, restroom, multiple seats for counseling, work space for sonogram machine and technician, multiple monitors for security, media inputs, internet connection, soft lighting, a mini refrigerator, air conditioning, and plenty of storage space. We’ve packed a lot in.
How Storks Helps
- We are proud to say that because of generous donors from around the nation that believe in your work and the power of going mobile, every Pregnancy Center that signs up as a Mobile Affiliate of Save the Storks receives a scholarship toward their Stork Bus!
- Click here to fill out our no-obligation scholarship application.
- Certain regions have additional funding that is designated and available.
- At Storks, we walk with you through the entire process of building your mobile unit and preparing for its arrival. We’ve been doing this for years, and we’ve discovered through trial and error what works and what doesn’t. Learn from our mistakes! Allow us to provide you with the counsel you need as you discuss your needs with our upfitter, consider upgrades, navigate legal restrictions, choose an internet provider, update your insurance, and all the other little details required to add a mobile unit to your ministry. We are deeply invested in your success because we succeed when you succeed.
- As soon as you sign up as a Storks Affiliate, our designers get to work on your exterior wrap. Having this image allows you to show your donor base exactly what they are giving toward. Our designers will then create a 12-page, magazine quality fundraising tool that casts the vision of why a Stork Bus is needed in your community. After this is designed and printed, our CEO Joe Baker will coach you and your team on how to use this tool to engage with high-capacity donors. Centers that utilize these tools and implement Joe’s training are often fully funded within 3 months. We will also get a Stork Bus to one of your fundraising events at Storks expense so that your community can “touch and feel” the vision.
Onsite Mobile Training
- Our onsite ABC’s of Going Mobile training will help your center become fully prepared to launch you Stork Bus. Everything from where to park your unit and marketing coaching, to how to staff, serve clients, and even care for your mobile unit will be covered in this 2 day, thorough training.
On Going Support
- The delivery of your brand new mobile unit is just the beginning. Being a Storks Affiliate means being part of a family. Our staff is here to help you navigate through warranty and repair work on your unit, answer questions regarding your mobile ministry, and connect you with our other pregnancy center affiliates across the country. Stories from your center may be featured on our website and blog, bringing awareness to the wonderful work you are doing. Our affiliates may also receive discounts and grants for our other consulting and training services, as well as the Flyway Conference and StorkWorks Academy.
Click here for more details on each of our units: