Reports To: Event Manager
Category: Internship; 20-30 hours/week (Unpaid)
Save the Storks (STS) exists to help create a story of hope and empowerment for every woman facing an unplanned pregnancy. We want women to know they are not alone; we are here for them. We believe that when we empower women with compassion, education and holistic care, we not only empower them to choose life for themselves and their children, we create a culture that respects and values every life. Save the Storks is the catalyst in transforming our culture into one that will stand for life and make abortion unnecessary.
The Event Intern will work with the Event Manager to plan and execute events on college campuses and in target markets. This will include but not be limited to securing booths at job fairs as well as creating new events that will engage and empower young people to be active in the pro-life movement. These events will serve as a catalyst for the involvement of new generations in pro-life whether that be volunteering, interning, or starting their own non-profit idea.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research large scale job fairs around the country
- Attend job fairs to recruit talent for volunteer positions, internships, and job positions at Save the Storks
- Survey target demographics to stay within target market interests
- Research and network with organizations whose target market is college students in order to create new events to further the initiatives of Save the Storks
- Work with Event Manager to execute new events for High School and college students
- Work with Event Manager to stay within budget for events
- Strong networking relationship with colleges and organizations that are geared towards our target demographic
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite
- CRM platform experience preferred
- Strong written and communication skills
- Outgoing, energetic, and positive attitude
- Attention to detail and self-motivated
- Currently pursuing or recently obtained an associates or bachelor’s degree
Physical & Other Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
- Ability to travel domestically up to 30% of the time
About Save the Storks:
We help people reach the hearts of women facing unplanned pregnancies and save the lives of babies by giving compassion, education, and holistic care by accelerating the impact of local pregnancy resource centers and Stork Buses to create a culture that values life.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We want people to recognize the pro-life movement as one of love and support for women and their lived experiences and individual needs. One that is calm and compassionate—with no picketing or politics.
That’s why we need talented, driven people like you who love and value life and seek to care for women and reach them with hope and holistic care.
To Apply For This Position
Due to the high volume of applications we are receiving, we will only be contacting candidates we are interested in pursuing. Please do not contact the Save the Storks office to follow up with your application unless we contact you first.