Social Media Coordinator
Reports To: Communications Manager
Category: Full-time, Salary (Exempt)
Location: In Office/Colorado Springs OR Remote
About Save the Storks:
Save the Storks is a nonprofit life-affirming organization that serves women, men, and saves babies. Our dream for a future that includes Equal Access to Motherhood through our state-of-the-art mobile medical clinics, our innovative and medically focused National Partner Program, and empowering churches in America to stand up for life and serve moms, dads, and families in their communities.
Our organization is doing things different with a small but mighty team of experts working across the United States. We have 34 employees, 700 volunteers, and thousands of supporters who believe in our work.
The United States has lost over 65 million pre-born children since 1973, and until we recognize that a baby in the womb is a human being, millions more will not have the opportunity to live. It is only when we recognize that a woman in an unintended pregnancy deserves equal access to
motherhood, just as a woman does with a planned pregnancy, that our society can be family centric once again. We believe that families serve as vital indicators of the overall health and well-being of a society, acting as the foundational building blocks that shape the social fabric. The strength, stability, and functionality of families reflect the broader dynamics within a community. Health families provide emotional support, nurturing environments, and a sense of belonging, fostering the development of individuals who are better equipped to contribute positively to society.
Save the Storks believes that both the mother and the father of a baby deserve to have a voice, and that the community and local church must step up to provide love, compassion, and meaningful resources to single parents and couples who need extra support during the pregnancy and after the baby is born.
Thank you for embarking on this life-saving journey with us!
Save the Storks is seeking a dynamic Social Media Coordinator to join our Marketing team. Reporting directly to the Communications Manager, you will take charge of spearheading the development, execution, and coordination of our social media channels. Your pivotal role will contribute significantly to advancing our vision and mission, amplifying our digital presence, and driving engagement and conversion through seamless integration with our overarching marketing campaigns. As our Social Media Coordinator, you will be entrusted with crafting innovative strategies and cultivating compelling content for our social media platforms, guiding each project from inception to fruition. From conceptualization to content calendarization and publication, you will play a central role in shaping our online narrative and fostering meaningful connections with our audience. The ideal candidate for this role is not only highly motivated and creatively inclined but also possesses a genuine zeal for forging meaningful connections with both existing and prospective supporters. Your dedication will shine through as you actively engage with our followers, with the ultimate goal of inspiring action and advocacy for our mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Social Media Strategy and Management:
- Implementation of social media strategies, campaigns, and tactical plans to support Save the Storks’ marketing efforts on social channels.
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to develop and execute social media plans.
- Serve as the primary contact for all things social media, managing external agencies and influencers.
- Monitor social media channels, respond to inquiries, and engage with followers.
- Leverage reporting tools to pull social engagement data and provide regular reporting to leadership.
- Actively monitor social media channels, determining engagement strategies and escalating issues when necessary.
- Identify trends, news, influencers, and opportunities in the social media space to increase Save the Storks’ voice and drive lead conversion.
Content Creation and Management:
- Oversee and manage content creation, including shot lists and briefs for creative teams.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team on an editorial calendar.
- Develop detailed timelines for asset development and execution.
- Maintain internal systems for file distribution to external stakeholders for approval.
- Read, write, and edit copy to ensure alignment with social and marketing voice.
- Publish posts daily, checking for accuracy and performance.
- Maintain awareness of emerging social media platforms and industry trends, providing recommendations for digital strategy in life-affirming spaces.
- 2+ years combined communication, social media, and community management experience.
- Strong understanding of social media landscape including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment.
- Highly organized, self-starter with strong project management, copywriting, and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative, creative, and adaptive work style.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the principles of marketing, advertising, promotional and digital content.
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with Sprout Social and Canva. Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator) are a plus.
- Experience with social reporting tools is a plus.
- Agency experience is a plus.
- A passion for Save the Storks’ mission and values.
Physical and Other Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
- Travel required up to 5% of the year
To Apply For This Position
Due to the high volume of applications we are receiving, we will only be contacting candidates we are interested in pursuing. Please do not contact the Save the Storks office to follow up with your application unless we contact you first.